Monday, October 29, 2012

pumpkin carving update

Well, we carved our pumpkins on Tuesday so I thought I'd give a little update to how they are doing.  I didn't check on them on Wednesday, but when I opened the front door on Thursday to let the warm sun in, I spotted this guy...





Uh oh...   I watched him for a bit and he was just eating some weeds in the yard so I didn't think about it, but when I went to light the candles in the pumpkins, this is what my howling wolf looked like:


THE WHOLE WOLF WAS GONE!!  Now it's just a full moon....

We thought about bringing Jared's pumpkin inside but didn't want it to get too warm and mold so this is what it looked like on Friday:

Very disappointing :(  I was hoping that they would last at least until Halloween but I guess our neighborhood critters had other ideas.  We had thought about spraying them with a water/bleach mixture but after reading online the results were inconclusive so we decided to wing it.  Maybe if we had sprayed them the animals wouldn't have liked the taste and left them alone.  Guess we'll have to try again next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment